Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Assignment 5- Michael Lu

For my final project, I would like to write a brief paper about the Venerable Master and the City of the Ten Thousand Buddhas. I would like to talk about the process of buying CTTB, what CTTB was before, and how the Venerable Master changed it to be the main and biggest monastery that he established. I'm interested in finding out more about the miraculous happenings at CTTB(such as Tom's story of the well). Below are some links that I might use:

www.drba.org/dharma/hsuanhuabio.asp

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Ten_Thousand_Buddhas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN2NU0NoNVM&feature=PlayList&p=8D46E6DDF8C08BBA&playnext_from=PL&index=35&playnext=2
I hope you will consider this option for me to do this project; if others have already chosen this topic for a final report, I can also do a report on the history of the Instilling Goodness and Developing Virtue Schools. This way, I can learn more about the school that I am going to! Anyways, any topic from the two that I just mentioned is fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment