Ven. Master Hua had left plenty of teachings to us. During the initial period when I read about his instructional books, the following phrases have great impact on me till today.
I came into the world without anything,
when I depart I still do not want anything
and I do not want to leave any traces in the world.
After reading these phrases, I will do a self-reflection, sort of doing an audit on my conduct. Have I being too greedy, too attach with material items and so forth. I will always remember that he said and which was also mentioned in the Sutra that the only thing that follows us when we die is our own karma.
Till this day, whenever I encounter a situation, I will again check on my conduct so that if I deviate from his path of teachings, I'll use this as a guideline to bring me back to the right path.
No comments:
Post a Comment