Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Assignment 2, Jin Shan Shi

The life of Venerable Master Hsuan Hua is beyond our imagination.

In order to save all the beings in the world, he made sure he's not caught by Japanese Unit 731 for medical experiment, or draft into Chinese army.

It is sad that we could no longer find the hut that he stayed by his mother's grave for three years.















Above are photos of Venerable Master Hua in 1992.
It were taken by a disciple of Venerable Master Hua in 1992 in Los Angelos.

2 comments:

  1. Jin Shan Shr,

    I also found the story about the Master guarding himself from being drafted into an army fascinating.

    The photos that Ron showed us were exactly as his niece described the countryside where the Bai family lived. Strange, in the biography for children, I imagined the part about the multi-colored stones on the bottom of Pine Flower River. But after the class, I heard someone comment that the stones in the river could be clearly seen in the river.

    I wonder if the story that Ron told about the Master's enlightenment is when the villagers thought the hut was on fire.

    By jin rou

    ReplyDelete