Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Assignment 1- Chang Yoke Kham

The reason I choose this picture is because I'm here to learn more about Venerable Master Hua's life. Similarly, the disciples of the Buddha were sitting under the Bodhi Tree (I guess) to listen to HIS Dharma talk.

I have always admire Ven Master Hua kindness and his contribution to Buddhism. I hope the video below which shown the 1st graduation ceremony of DRBU on May 27 1984 is more meaningful to my first assignment and this very first class I have attended.

I took the picture from
http://photobucket.com/images/buddha/ and the video from
http://www.youtube.com/watch v=_ylGlQvsL6E&feature=PlayList&p=8D46E6DDF8C08BBA&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=57

2 comments:

  1. Please explain what the graduation ceremony of DRBU has to do with our class discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are here to discuss about the Life of The Ven. Master Hsuan Hua. Setting up DRBU and finally having its very first graduation ceremony reminding me that he had come a long way to promote Buddhism studies in the West.

    Now that I'm sitting here in DRBU classroom studying & learning, I should always remind me about his wish that all of us should cultivate vigorously. I should appreciate whatever facility available to us comparing to our predecessor who probably have minimum infrastructure set up and have finally graduated.

    ReplyDelete