Venerable Master Hua always put all sentient beings above him. He always said:
I'm a little ant
I'm a little insect.
He was very humble and he taught us to be humble as well because an arogant person will not be successful in his cultivation.
Another quote from him which I also found interesting is:
I came into the world without anything,
when I depart I still do not want anything
and I do not want to leave any traces in the world.
I felt that these quotes are easy for the Americans and people from the West to understand. It is true that why would we chasing after so much of material items, fame, power ectetera and when we approaching the end of our lives, we can't even bring a single thing with us. These things are impermanence.
The video below shown Venerable Master Hua's Six Guidelines: No fighting, no greed, no seeking, no selfishness, no pursuing personal advantage, and no lying. He said: I am speaking these six great guidelines for people who want to become Buddhas, people who want to become Bodhisattvas, and people who want to become Hearers and Arhats. These are the most important principles. If you can put them into practice, you may use them your whole life, but you won't be able to exhaust them! You won't be able to use them up.
In the video he also told his disciples:
Talk lessBe a nice personWe should not have big rooms for ourselvesOur minds should be clear at all times
The reason I pick these quotes is because the quotes are easy to remember and it is talking about issues close to our hearts and are more convincing and acceptable to the Westerners.
By watching the video, all the Master's disciples will always remember his fundamental teachings and be mindful so that not to deviate from his teachings.
No comments:
Post a Comment