In proclaiming truth & transforming kindred beings;
With filial respect and a sense of responsibility
For the welfare of every nation,
Instruct all people of the world ."
I hope that you enjoyed watching this movie from youtube(URL:http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=videos+on+the+venerable+master+hua+at+birth&aq=f ;titled 上人事蹟(1) Life of the Venerable Master(1))
. This movie was transferred to youtube from drbachineseorg. I chose this movie because of two different reasons: one, the Venerable Master talked about his own life, so everything is factual, and two, it regards the birth of the VM and that was our class discussion.
The class discussion yesterday was very interesting and exciting, and I learned so much about the Venerable Master at birth that I did not know before. I feel that the Venerable Master was very fortunate and lucky to be able to avoid being drafted into the armies and being experimented on. I like this kind of "open discussion" on the Venerable Master's life, because there is not just one person(the teacher) who talks, and everybody is given the privilege to contribute their personal thoughts. I want to continue taking this class!
Hi Michael,
ReplyDeleteThanks for starting us out with such an interesting first blog entry. Just a few technical comments. Please edit your entry by adding another label at the end, something like Ven.Master's birth. Also if you can include the source of the quote at the beginning and the URL for the video, that would be good too.
Hi Michael,
ReplyDeleteIt is a very nice blog. I enjoy reading and watching it.
Michael,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the video. Although it was short,it was clear that the Master was using the story of his lie to teach us to leave birth and death behind.
Jin Rou
Michael,
ReplyDeleteI like this video because the Master spoke of his own life. Appreciate if you could post more of this sort of video.