Thursday, June 24, 2010

Assignment 2 - Chang Yoke Kham

First comment:

I agreed with Sophia that we should put utmost attention to Ven. Master Hua's final instructions. These instructions give us some directions as to how we, disciples of Master Hua should do after he entered into Nirvana.

In this video he said

I came into the world without anything,
when I depart I still do not want anything
and I do not want to leave any traces in the world.

His statement has a great impact on me that I realize that everything that we currently have is impermanent. Indeed, it is true that we didn't bring anything with us when we were born into this world. True enough when we depart, we are unable to bring a single thing with us except our own karma. So why would we have so many attachments?


Second comment:

Ron mentioned that many people like to say "Shr Fu Said". I found that sometimes there were so many versions about Ven. Master Hua's life. I think Michael had posted a good video entitled "Life of the Ven. Master" and was spoken by himself. So it is factual.

I've never watched any of Ven. Master Hua videos before. I get to know him from reading his instructional books or listening to his Dharma talk. It is a different kind of experience being able to watch his expression from the video.

I hope that there will be more of this kind of video where Ven. Master talked about his own life.


Third comment:

I like the way the class is conducted because I could hear others comment. One of our discussion in class, we discussed about the meaning of enlightenment. I guess this means if a person who got enlighten, he / she will know everything under the sun and is able to know the past, present and future.

We have also touched on transmission through paper or mind seal transmission (mind to mind). I don't know how the various monastries view this paper transmission since it can be purchased with money. However, this is the only formal transmission that one is being recognized as taking charge from his predecessor.





No comments:

Post a Comment