My last lesson from Master Hua
I remember during 1994 winter or 1995 spring, Venerable Master Hua’s last trip was to Gold Buddha Monastery, Vancouver, Canada. Many of us went to see him off at the San Francisco airport. Master wasn’t very well; he sat on the wheel chair. One of the lay disciples requested Master Hua to give a talk. I was around there and I could hear Master’s voice was weak, low, and deep. I tried to listen carefully. Master said, "The most important thing is to truly practice the Buddhadharma. No matter how much I talk to you, if you don’t truly practice it is useless."
Although, his voice was weak, but that simple talk was quite a shock to my mind. At that time, I didn’t understand much about what “true practice” was. But it imprinted on my mind deeply. On the way back home, I started investigating this hua t’ou many days afterward. I found that some thing that others were not willing to do, I am willing to do or I could help them do it.
Up to now this hua t’ou is still benefiting me a lot.
My conclusion is whatever talk the Master gave, listen and practice it, and you will naturally benefit from it.
No comments:
Post a Comment