Friday, July 2, 2010

assignment 3 - Jin Jung Shr


O deep and wondrous dharani unmoving
Honored One

Supreme shurangama appears most rarely in the world

Extinguishing deluded thoughts from countless kalpas past

I needn’t pass through aeons till the Dharma body’s gained.

………………

I like this video that contains the sound of the Shurangama Mantra preface and it shows the spirit of Venerable Master Hua’s profound vows, which has had important effect on me.

Great Vows



Master had vision of education, teaching people to be good, as you can see in the video below.




He made vow that all living beings accomplished the Buddhahood quickly; he taught people by his good conduct.

When I was young, I always fought with my mother. After, I took refuge, after I read Master Hua’s biography, I still fought with my mother.

One day, I argued with my mother, I told my mother “I wanted to leave forever!”
I could feel that her heart was broken, but I didn’t care. I ran to the door without turning my head even once. Suddenly, Master Hua came to my mind, just as if a door spirit came to block me. I reflected about Master Hua. When he was only twelve years old, he knew how to respect to his parents and repent. I thought, "How come? I am already twenty years old, I still fought with my mother." I was moved by his conduct. And I turned back to my mother, I knelt down, knowing I was completely wrong. I repented to my mom; after that my relationship was changed for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment